The Secret BSC Bridge is live on the Secret Network mainnet — and with it comes the ability to bridge BEP20 tokens into their privacy-preserving equivalents (“Secret Tokens”) on Secret Network. This unlocks transactional privacy and programmable privacy for BSC assets while enabling holders to take advantage of Secret DeFi opportunities.
View and interact with the Secret BSC Bridge: https://bridge.scrt.network/
Learn more about Secret Network: https://scrt.network
This guide is intended to educate users how to migrate BEP20 tokens onto Secret Network via the Secret BSC bridge to preserve privacy for BSC tokens and access Secret Network’s DeFi ecosystem.
- Install Metamask wallet, an open-source browser extension wallet for the Binance Smart Chain ecosystem at https://metamask.io/
- Install Keplr wallet, an open-source browser extension wallet for the Cosmos interchain ecosystem at https://wallet.keplr.app/
- Hold BSC (BEP20) tokens in a Metamask wallet (e.g. CAKE)
- Own minimal BNB in Metamask and SCRT in Keplr to be used as gas fees
Connect wallets with the Secret Bridge application
1. Navigate to the Secret Bridge application at https://bridge.scrt.network
2. Click on “Connect Keplr” and “Connect Metamask” to allow the Secret Bridge application to access your wallet accounts. You will be prompted to select the address of the account with the BEP20 tokens and confirm permissions granted to the Secret Bridge application.
Deposit: Binance Smart Chain (BEP20) to Secret Network (SNIP20)
3. Select the “Binance Smart Chain” in the network dropdown menu. Since the Secret Bridge application supports multiple blockchains, this step will narrow down the interface to only show supported BEP20 tokens.
4. Select the Binance Smart Chain (BEP20) token that you would like to migrate over and specify the amount you would like to transfer.
5. Enter the destination Secret Network address (secret address in Keplr) that should receive the newly minted Secret Tokens.
6. Click “Approve”. You will be prompted to sign TXs on Metamask to approve the move of BEP20 tokens to a locking smart contract on Binance Smart Chain. Note that BNB token will be used as gas on the Metamask transaction.
7. Click “Bridge to Secret Network” and confirm the multisig transaction. Once these assets are sent to the deposit contract on BSC, the bridge multisig operators will mint secretBNB/secretBEP20 to your Secret address.
8. Lastly, click on the magnifying glass 🔍 to create a viewing key for your newly minted secretBNB/secretBEP20 token. Since Secret Tokens are privately encrypted by default, you must create a viewing key to view the token balance. You will be prompted to confirm the transaction in Keplr, using SCRT token as gas in the transaction.
9. Secret Tokens can now be used across the Secret Network ecosystem to earn yield and utilize various “Secret” Applications built on the network. Secret Applications including SecretSwap, the front-running resistant AMM built with privacy protections for traders.
Withdraw: Secret Network (SNIP20) to Binance Smart Chain (BEP20)
9. Click the bi-directional arrow to switch Secret Network to the left and Binance Smart Chain to the right. This indicates a withdrawal.
10. Select the Binance Smart Chain (BEP20) token that you would like to withdraw and specify the amount you would like to transfer.
11. Enter the destination BNB address (BNB address in Metamask) that should receive the unlocked Binance Smart Chain (BEP20) Tokens.
12. Click “Bridge to Binance Smart Chain”. You will be prompted to sign TXs on Keplr to burn Secret Tokens. Once these assets are sent to the contract on BSC, the bridge multisig operators will unlock BNB/BEP20 to the BNB address in your Metamask.
Hopefully you now have a better grasp on how to use the Secret BSC Bridge. At this time, anyone will be able create Secret Token versions of the supported BSC BEP20 assets, exchange and yield farm with these tokens, and burn them to transfer back to Binance Smart Chain.
For users who are already familiar with DeFi and liquidity mining, this is an attractive new way to get yield and privacy on BSC assets while also gaining exposure to the groundbreaking world of Secret DeFi — a universe where applications are front-running resistant and private by design!
Learn more about the Secret Network ecosystem: https://scrt.network